Thursday, April 8, 2010

April 5, 2010

INTERVIEW:

1. How much job security is there in your job?
a. Kelly replied that security of her job is basically for life. She stated that there will always be sick people and a need for them to be treated by nurses. She also said that in her experience a lot of people that she works with have changed positions from the hospital to other areas such as community nursing.
2. What can you tell me about the hiring freeze for first year nurses?
a. I haven’t really experience that since I have been working the same job for 5 years. Although from what I have heard it is due to the bad economy and budget cuts at hospitals.
3. What type of education was required for your career?
a. I attended Estrella Mountain Community College when I first decided to go into nursing. I completed the program in a little after a year. During the program we mainly focused on anatomy, pediatrics, first aid and nutrition.
4. What other jobs could you do with the skills you have learned in this field?
a. If I ever decided to leave the hospital I could work in a nursing home, doctor’s office, or privately in the community. I’m sure there are other options out there but these are just a few that I have considered before.
5. Can you tell me about your background and how you got started in this field?
a. Well after high school I just kept bouncing from job to job and a friend of mine was working as a CAN and she convinced me to look into the programs at Estrella. I decided to start the LPN program and fell in love with it very fast. This was 10 years ago and I still love what I’m doing and am planning on going back to school for my RN degree.

RESPONSE:
After my interview I feel a lot more informed about nursing. Hearing in Kelly’s voice the joy of her work really inspired me to get into this paper and learn more about the field. I will use her information in my paper while talking about the educational part. She didn’t really have much to say about the hiring freeze so that didn’t help but I think with a little more research I will be able to get down to bottom of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment